The club is currently recruiting for a Head of Recruitment for Hearts Women.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operational management of the recruitment function (with support from the Head of Player Recruitment for the Club) which focuses on recruiting players to enhance the current SWPL1 Women’s first team.
The successful candidate will be accountable for identifying and recruiting a reliable pipeline of exceptional talent who are capable of progressing our team in SWPL1 and ensuring consistent, compliant, and successful methods of assessment and talent identification.
• To cover all Women’s football in Scotland from U19 National Performance League (NPL) to Women’s first team matches.
• Have a detailed understanding of the Women player profiles to highlight recruitment priorities within the squad.
• Identify players to Heart of Midlothian FC Women based on recruitment priorities.
• Assess player performance and development.
• Follow all specific scouting criteria and protocols implemented by the club.
• Ensure all player reports are actioned on the Hearts online system, with weekend and midweek reports required within 24 hours of the allocated match.
• Maintain a database of players at all required levels.
• In-depth presentation of target players to the Women’s Manager and Head of Women’s Football (monthly).
• Have a sound knowledge of the SWPL andSWF protocols and criteria.
• Attend all internal and external personnel development training required by Heart of
Midlothian FC, Scottish Women's Football (SWF) and the Scottish FA.
• Maintain all kit and technical equipment in good order.
• Any other related duties that may be required by the Women’s Team Manager and Head of Women’s Football
• Be an ambassador of Heart of Midlothian FC culture and brand.
Requirements for the role:
• knowledge and previous experience within Women’s football in Scotland (essential)
• previous experience of scouting (desirable)
• scouting qualification: Scottish FA Level 1 or PFSA Level 1 (desirable)
• Good communication and personal relationship skills are essential
• Competent computer user with skills particularly relating to Microsoft Word and Excel
Personal Attributes and Skills
• Attention to detail and can work to deadlines
• Has a high standard of professionalism
• Excellent timekeeping and can manage own time effectively
• A strong work ethic with a love of football
• Commitment to professional development and self-motivation
How to apply: If you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send a Covering letter and CV to Janine Brown, Head of HR - email@example.com by close of play on 31 December 2021.
To request a copy of the job description please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS. HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDITED COMPANY