Safeguarding & Welfare
Heart of Midlothian Football Club acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of those who engage with the Club, especially children and vulnerable adults.
We are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from all forms of harm and actively promote the creation of a positive and supportive environment.
Our Head of Safeguarding is Desmond Coyne, who is responsible for ensuring our policies are updated and for overseeing the effective use of these policies and procedures to continue to safeguard the welfare of those who engage with the Club, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Desmond can be contacted via email: DesmondCoyne@homplc.co.uk or over the phone on 0131 200 7232 OR 07525591733.
Heart of Midlothian Football Club's Child Wellbeing Policy (Reviewed January 2023) is accessible via the below links.
- Club Wellbeing Policy 2023
- Procedures 2023
- Practice Notes 2023
- HMFC Safeguarding Organogram
- Case Review Template 2023
- Concern Recording Form 2023
- Children's Wellbeing Contacts 2023
- SFA Annual Review for the strategy 20/2021
- SFA young person's annual review 20/2021
- To view a summary of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child please click here.
The following useful materials provide further information about keeping children safe:
- Advice for Parents - WhatsApp Messenger
- Advice for Parents - TikTok
- Advice for Parents - Instagram
- Advice for Parents - Discord
- Let's Tackle Online Hate
- Scottish FA Useful Links & Key Contacts