Normally, it is around this time of year when supporters can expect the club to launch its latest season ticket campaign – slick videos with drone footage of Tynecastle Park and fans celebrating, clever marketing slogans and specially crafted hashtags for social media.
CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR SEASON TICKET NOW!
CLICK HERE IF YOU WISH TO SPREAD THE COST OF YOUR SEASON TICKET VIA A REPAYMENT PLAN
This, however, is no normal year. Not for football, not for the world as a whole.
We find ourselves in an unprecedented situation where a global pandemic is already affecting everyone’s lives. A knock-on effect of this pandemic is the suspension of domestic football in Scotland, which has led to speculation and uncertainty.
As we all know details on how or when this season will be concluded and when next season will start have not yet been agreed. We do not even know if Hearts will be a Premiership or Championship club in 2020/21.
One thing we do know, however, is that once again the Club needs your support.
Despite the total lack of clarity surrounding football a number of you have asked to support the club and renew your season tickets, this is why we have decided to put season tickets for the 2020/21 campaign on sale today.
We are doing this, while fully recognising that in these uncertain times many supporters will have a big decision to make in terms of not just how, but indeed whether, they can continue to support their team next season.
In some leagues, broadcast income provides the main source of revenue for clubs. In Scotland, however, ticket sales are and likely always will be, the largest source of income for our clubs. We all rely heavily on season ticket renewals/purchases to balance the books.
So the big challenge facing us now, is how can we try to balance the Club’s need for season ticket income with the uncertainties facing our supporters?
To try to find some balance, we have looked at pricing and at how we can make it as easy as possible for our supporters to help us.
Season Ticket Guarantee Pledge
The Season Ticket Guarantee pledge will ensure supporters get the full value of their 2020/21 season ticket regardless of how next season shapes up.
To be absolutely clear, the club is making a very simple pledge to supporters who renew their season ticket for 20/21: no-one will lose out.
A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign.
If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.
In short, the club is committed to ensuring that no supporter will be left disadvantaged as a result of securing their seat at Tynecastle for the 20/21 season.
· Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices. This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.
To be absolutely clear, when, and if, the 19/20 season resumes then 19/20 season tickets will, of course, still be valid for the remainder of this season’s fixtures.
· Secondly, we know there are supporters who may not presently be season ticket holders, but who wish to buy one for next season to help the Club. For non-season ticket holders, we are, therefore also offering a discount. New season ticket holders will receive a 5% discount on 19/20 pricing.
Rest assured this will not impact on existing season ticket holders. Only unoccupied seats (based on the 2019/20 season) will be released for sale at this time. So, if you are an existing season ticket holder but are unable to renew immediately, please don’t worry, you will not lose your seat.
Those who are not current season ticket holders, but wish to join us at Tynecastle next season, should email email@example.com and one of our ticket office staff will get in touch to discuss availability and options.
· As well as the reduction on all prices, we have once again done our utmost to keep the cost as low as possible for our youngest supporters.
Young Jambos are the future of our great club and, following this dreadful time, we want to see as many families as possible return to Tynecastle Park when it is safe to do so. At just £50, our cheapest U13 season ticket is amongst the best value in the league and we hope this price will encourage even more families to join us for the 2020/21 campaign.
Help with season ticket purchases
· Given these challenging times we absolutely understand that some existing season ticket holders, although wishing to do so, may simply not be able to commit to renewing their season tickets at this time. The renewal phase will, therefore, be open from now until Monday, June 8th to give everyone as much time as possible to join us for the 2020/21 season.
Spread the cost of your ticket
A finance option is now available. Please CLICK HERE for full information and instructions.
Change from previous seasons
· Due to the uncertainty surrounding which league we will be competing in next season, we are not able to make Category B season tickets available for sale at this time. Once there is clarity on the 2020/21 season, the club will examine the possibility of reintroducing these season tickets. For those Category B season ticket holders who may wish to upgrade for this season, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are testing times for everyone. The Foundation of Hearts’ mantra has long been to ‘pledge what you can afford’ and that is what we are asking you to do here; if you can afford to do so then please renew your season ticket for season 2020/21. By doing so you will be helping enormously to ensure that when things return to some level of normality, the oldest football team in Edinburgh will be here to welcome you back with open arms.
If, having read this, you have any concerns about not being able to secure your 2020/21 season ticket because of this unprecedented situation then do please talk to us. Email email@example.com and let us figure out a way in which we can assist you.
With your continued and unparalleled backing, we will forever be, Always Hearts.
Season ticket pricing
How to buy
2020/21 Season tickets are now on sale and are available to purchase ONLINE ONLY by clicking here. Due to the ongoing restrictions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hearts Ticket Office remains closed and supporters will not be able to purchase tickets over the phone or in-person at this time.
Please note only renewals can be processed online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to become a new season ticket holder.
Through our finance provider, Premium Credit Limited, the club will be is offering fans the option to spread the cost of their 2020/21 season ticket via a repayment plan. CLICK HERE for full instructions on how to do so.
If you have any questions or need help with any of these processes, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
More than a ticket
Being a Season Ticket holder at Tynecastle doesn’t just secure your seat for every league match – it also entitles you to a host of other benefits.
· You will be guaranteed a ticket for the William Hill Scottish Cup Semi-final vs Hibernian (fixture date TBC)
· You will receive 50% discount on the hire of any room at Tynecastle Park for any celebration… birthday party, engagement party, etc
· You will receive exclusive monthly offers for the Hearts Clubstore
· Invite to an Open Day at Tynecastle featuring a first team training session
· Season ticket holders aged 13 and under will receive an exclusive invite for themselves and an adult to attend a First Team Training session (accompanied by an adult) to meet the players and coaching staff.
· Every season ticket holder will receive 20 loyalty points
A range of fantastic hospitality packages for the 2020/21 season will be available soon.
Premium Season Tickets
Premium Season Tickets are priced as follows:
- Adult: £625
- O65/ESA/Student: £380
- U18: £335
- U16: £290
- U13: £145
Supporters who are disabled
Season tickets for wheelchair users and members of the Rex Blind Parties are available at a concessionary rate. Person assistants are admitted free of charge.
With the exception of the above, tickets are charged at the relevant rate based on age bracket and seating zone. Admission for personal assistants, however, remains complimentary provided the customer meets the criteria outlined below.
Details of the necessary criteria can be obtained by clicking HERE and scrolling to “General Terms” number 5.
To qualify for the ESA rate, adults in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance must also be in the support group and must supply the club with an award letter dated 2020 to evidence this.
Prices for Wheelchair users and members of the Rex Blind Parties are as follows:
- Adult: £155
- O65/ESA/Student: £100
- U18: £85
- U16: £60
- U13: £30
How to buy
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org