The terms and conditions upon which Ticket Centre sales are issued are as set out below. Heart of Midlothian is hereby referred to as ‘the club’.
Additionally, be aware that issue of a Season Ticket and match ticket is subject to Ground Regulations and the Scottish Professional Football League's policy on Unacceptable Conduct. Full details are available at www.heartsfc.co.uk.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
1. Concessions are defined as all those Under 18 years of age, OAPs over 65 years and students in full time education. Proof of age (including matriculation ID card for students) is required. Only photographic identification will be acceptable. Adults in receipt of ESA (support group) need to supply the club with an award letter dated in the current year. Where concession categories are broken down individual specific age groups or categories apply. Anyone found incorrectly using any ticket type who does not meet the criteria for that ticket will be removed from the ground and no refund will be given.
2. From time to time, the club may wish to keep you up to date with the latest information from the club. Such communication includes email, text, telephone and direct mail and will only involve activity directly related to the club. If you do not wish to receive such information please alert us at the time of sale or tick the appropriate box on the application form. You can be removed from this database at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling 0333 043 1874, option 1, then option 8 (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm).
3. From time to time, the club teams up with a selection of carefully chosen commercial partners to bring fans a diverse range of opportunities. If you do not wish to receive such communication please alert us at the time of sale or tick the appropriate box on the application form. You can be removed from this database at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0333 043 1874, option 1, then option 8 (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm).
4. Please note that you must include all payment information. You should ensure you have sufficient funds in order that payment may be taken as instructed. Applications where payment is declined will be considered void.
5. Complimentary Personal Assistant Tickets: a complimentary personal assistant season or match ticket will be issued if the applicant is covered or in receipt of one or more of the following:
a) Receipt of Disability Living Allowance – All award levels with the exception of somebody receiving the lower level of the care component only
b) Receipt of Personal Independence Payment - all award combinations
c) AFIP as it is an equivalent to PIP for Armed Force personnel injured on active service.
d) Attendance Allowance - both award levels
e) War Pensioners' Mobility Allowance or War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
f) Blind or partially sighted and have a registration certificate (BD8 or CVI Certificate) or other relevant evidence from an eye specialist such an optometrist
g) Confirmation in writing from a GP, consultant or relevant specialist that an individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an audiologist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 75-80 dBl or worse.
h) Original letter from a GP or consultant stating that the individual has a physical disability and requires a companion whilst in the stadium.
i) Original letter from a GP or consultant stating that the individual has an intellectual disability and requires a companion whilst in the stadium.In cases of mental health – confirmation in writing from GP or consultant or other suitably qualified professional that the individual requires additional support.
j) Industrial Injuries Disabilities Benefit if the rate is above 20%
Which ever one or more of the above is relevant the most recent documentation confirming this information needs to be provided when purchasing. Any questions or advise on this subject should be addressed to the club's Disability Awareness Officer.
Match Ticket Terms
1. Match tickets are issued by, and shall remain the property of, Heart of Midlothian plc.
2. Tickets shall be void if re-sold at a premium or for commercial purposes, or used as prizes in competitions or lotteries, without the clubs’ prior written consent.
3. Tickets are issued subject to the Tynecastle Stadium Ground Regulations, copies of which are available from Heart of Midlothian.
4. Match tickets are non-refundable. No refund for a ticket will be made if the match is postponed and played upon a future date (although this ticket will, unless otherwise advised by the club, remain valid for that match), or if the match is abandoned.
5. If you lose your tickets the club cannot offer reprints for tickets once they have been dispatched from the Ticket Centre.
6. No photographs, video recordings, sound recordings or similar may be made within the stadium without the clubs’ prior written approval. Entry to the stadium may be denied to persons with audio, visual and/or audio/visual recording equipment of any sort, or anyone who is (or becomes) under the influence of alcohol, or is carrying any articles prohibited by the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995.
7. Any person seeking to use a Ticket in breach of these conditions may be denied entry to the stadium or ejected from it. In any such event that person may also be subject to legal action by the club, and the club reserves the right to retain any money paid for the Ticket.
8. Admission cannot be guaranteed if the bearer arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised kick-off.
9. On entering the stadium, the bearer must retain the Ticket for the duration of the match.
10. The failure, or delay, by the club to exercise a right or remedy under these terms and conditions or by law does not constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy.
11. These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law, and any dispute relating to them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
12. Under 13’s match tickets can only be bought in conjunction with a full paying Adult priced ticket. There is a limit of two U13 tickets per Adult ticket. Where there is no Adult ticket purchased, an U18 should be purchased.
13. Student tickets are only available to purchase from the ticket office directly. In order to purchase student tickets, a valid student ID that states you are studying full-time is required.
14. For any Category A matches the club will only sell tickets to customers who have an active account and recent purchase history. If you fail to meet this criteria you will be refused sale.
Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995
Warning: It is an offence, punishable by law, for any person to enter, or attempt to enter, the stadium:
1. Whilst in the possession of a controlled container, which is or was capable of holding liquid and which if thrown was capable of injury to another person, or any other prohibited articles (such as cans, bottles, flasks, fireworks or flares).
2. Whilst in possession of alcohol.
3. Whilst under the influence of alcohol.
In the interests of safety, the instructions of the Police and stewards must be obeyed at all times.
Please note that smoking is strictly prohibited at Tynecastle Stadium.
Under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, when the Club sells tickets for corporate match day hospitality which includes alcohol, the maximum number of drinks per person will be limited to ten. This is to ensure that the Club does not breach the terms of the mandatory conditions placed by statute on the Premises Licence.
Heritage Lounge/Gorgie Suite/Executive Lounge: smart, no trainers, no casual jeans (dress denims permitted), ties optional
The Strongbow Legends Lounge: smart casual, no away colours
In the event of cancellation of any booking by a client, the client shall pay to the Club a cancellation fee calculated as follows:
Notification Times and Cancellation Charges
15–8 days prior to the event 25% of booking value 7-4 days prior to the event 50% of booking value Within 3 day of the event 100% of booking value
Cancellation fees payable may be waived or reduced at the sole discretion of the Club.
Clients shall be responsible for the orderly conduct of their guests and shall ensure that nothing is done or omitted to be done that will constitute a breach of the law, or in any way cause nuisance to or be an infringement of an occasion, or lead to possible forfeiture or endorsement of any licence for the sale of alcohol. The Club reserves the right to eject any persons who are deemed to be drunk, abusive or causing a nuisance to other guests or staff. The Club can accept no responsibility for the property of clients and guests in attendance at match day hospitality. Any items deposited in the Gorgie Suite Cloakroom and designated hanging areas in relation to the Willie Bauld Suite/John Robertson Lounge/Bobby Walker Suite/Directors Box shall be at the owner’s own risk and without obligation on the part of the Club.
Match Day Hospitality
The Club shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations relative to match day hospitality as a result of fire, shortage of labour or food supplies, strikes, industrial disputes or other causes beyond the control of either party. The hospitality package is personal to the client and shall not be transferred or resold without the prior written consent of the Club.
The Club reserves the right to change its advertised fixtures without notice and without liability. The fixtures cannot be guaranteed to take place on a particular day at any particular time.
REGULATIONS OPERATED WITHIN AND AROUND TYNECASTLE STADIUM (“the Stadium”)
The Club cannot guarantee that the seat of the client or guest will not be affected by adverse weather conditions. Standing is forbidden in seated viewing areas of the Stadium. Foul, abusive or racist language or conduct is totally forbidden within the Stadium. Please note that the Club operates a non-smoking policy at the Stadium. The Stadium is covered by C.C.T.V, which is operated by the Club and recorded on a 24 hour basis.
Please note that it is an offence punishable by law for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Stadium: 1. Whilst in possession of a prohibited container which is or was capable of holding liquid and which if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person. 2. Whilst in possession of alcohol. 3. Whilst drunk. 4. Whilst in possession of any article or substance whose main purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke or a visible gas. 5. Whilst in possession of any article which is a firework. Note: all persons entering the ground may be searched by the police.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or fraudulent misrepresentation. However to the fullest extent permissible neither the Club nor any of its Officers or Agents shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any client, or any guest, in or upon any part of the Stadium or car park offered for use as part of the match day hospitality or for any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect economic or consequential losses whatsoever.
Standard Competition T&Cs
By entering a competition on Heart of Midlothian’s website or social media channels you are agreeing to the club storing and using your information for marketing purposes; we will not share your information with any third party without your permission. Your details will be added to the club’s database and you will receive promotional emails from time to time. You can opt out at any time by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ on any email received. If adding any photos/videos to our social media channels, you are granting permission for these images/videos to be used online by Heart of Midlothian Football Club (HMFC).
By submitting photos/videos you understand and agree that HMFC, has no obligation to publish your photos/videos. You must be the author/copyright holder of any images/videos submitted in connection with a competition. Entries must be submitted no later than 23:59 on the closing date advertised. The competition winner(s) will be announced within 48hrs of the winner(s) accepting the prize.
Entry rules: please read the following rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and agree to abide by them:
a) To enter this competition you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
b) Employees of HMFC, their friends and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
c) All entries must be via channel indicated in the competition description.
d) Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
e) No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason whatsoever.
f) The winner will be the entrant(s) selected by a judge (or number of judges) as appointed by HMFC.
g) The judging decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
h) The closing date is as specified: however, HMFC reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
i) If you win this competition, we will notify you by either email or phone. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within 48 hours, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant, and so on, until the prize is claimed.
j) The listed prize is non-negotiable.
k) The prize is non-transferable to any other person.
l) No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or services.
m) If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize or similar value.
n) In the event of any promotional partner failing to provide any element(s) of any competition prize for any reason whatsoever, HMFC will act in good faith to endeavour to replace that/those element(s), but cannot be held responsible for that/those element(s) not provided.
p) HMFC reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules that will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
Please be aware! Social Media promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion. Entrants are providing information HMFC and its promotional partners, not to Facebook or any other social media company.
Heart of Midlothian PLC – Season Ticket Terms and Conditions 2019/20
1. Season Ticket Terms, Rules and Information
These Season Ticket Terms and Conditions (Terms) set out the terms on which the Heart of Midlothian PLC (the Club) supplies season tickets (Season Tickets) for access to football matches at Tynecastle Park (or any alternative location used by the Club for home matches) (the Stadium). The Season Ticket Information (click here to access) provides further information about Season Tickets and is deemed to be part of these Terms, and the Club's contract with you.
These Terms apply to all Season Tickets and apply between the person purchasing the Season Ticket and the Club. The person who is identified on the face of the Season Ticket will be the Holder of the Season Ticket and these terms also apply to the Holder. Season Tickets are valid for entry to the Stadium by the Holder only. In these terms, 'you' means the person purchasing the Season Ticket and /or the Holder, as appropriate.
Entry to the Stadium is subject to the Rules and Regulations of FIFA, UEFA, the Scottish Football Association (“SFA”), the Scottish Professional Football League (“SPFL”), the Club’s Ground Regulations, and the Club’s Unacceptable Conduct Policy (the Terms and Conditions of Entry).
By purchasing and / or using a Season Ticket, you unconditionally agree to be bound by these Terms (including the Season Ticket Information), and all the Terms and Conditions of Entry (click here to access), and a contract is formed between you and the Club incorporating all of these terms. Any breach of that contract by you may result in appropriate action and/or sanctions being imposed by the Club, any other football club and/or Police Scotland, including withdrawal of your Season Ticket and/or your removal from the Stadium.
You (whether acting alone or with others) shall be jointly and individually liable for, and may be subject to legal action by the Club for recovery of fines, losses, penalties, liability or damages suffered or incurred by the Club (including disciplinary action by the football authorities) as a direct result of your conduct or behaviour (or that of any third party to whom you have provided your Season Ticket, with or without the consent of the Club) at any Club match at the Stadium or away venue.
2. Buying Your Season Ticket
When you purchase a Season Ticket, the Club's acceptance of your order and processing of your payment will be confirmation of your Season Ticket, at which point a contract will be formed between you and the Club. If we cannot accept your order, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
Season Tickets will be delivered to the Holder within 30 days of acceptance of your order. Where a Season Ticket is renewed for season 2019/2020 the Holder’s Season Ticket Smartcard will be updated electronically and no action will require to be taken by the Holder.
Where your Season Ticket is to be financed using the Club's finance partner (as set out in the Season Ticket Information) the Club will not confirm your Season Ticket and no contract between you and the Club will be formed until the Club has received confirmation from its finance partner that your application for finance has been accepted.
3. Season Ticket Information
Please read the Season Ticket Information that has been made available to you. This has important information about prices, seat locations, booking fees, concessions, categories of Season Tickets available, and ways to pay. The Club draws your attention to the following points in particular.
Season Tickets are valid only for admission to Home SPFL league matches, for the category of Season Ticket you have purchased. Home matches may be played at an alternative venue should Tynecastle Park be unavailable.
If you purchased a seat guarantee and price freeze two seasons ago as detailed in the Season Ticket Information (Seat Guarantee) 2017/2018, the price of your Season Ticket will be fixed at the season 2017/2018 price for every season, up to and including season 2019/2020, provided that you renew your Season Ticket each year during that period. You are also guaranteed your allocated Season Ticket seat for any other non-league home match for which you purchase a ticket (subject to the exclusions at Clause 5 below).
Your Season Ticket does not entitle you to access matches played at the Stadium, or to access your allocated seat (unless you have purchased a Seat Guarantee as noted above), for any other matches not covered by your Season Ticket (e.g. Cup matches, friendlies) although Loyalty Points which count towards the allocation of other match tickets (click here for information on Loyalty Points) will be awarded to you for purchasing a Season Ticket.
4. Additional Tickets and Upgrades
Adult and Over 65s Season Ticket Holders are also entitled to purchase up to two Under 13 Season Tickets. Under 13 Season Tickets may only be purchased by the holder of a valid Adult or Over 65s Season Ticket.
Concession Season Tickets can be upgraded to an alternative concession or Adult Season Ticket throughout any season. A discount will be offered on the match Season Ticket price to use the designated Season Ticket seat. The discount shall be calculated based on the difference between the Season Ticket purchase price and the Match day price.
5. Exclusions and Limitations
The Club reserves the right to change its advertised fixture dates and kick off times for any reason at the Club's sole discretion (including for example health and safety, other competitions and TV scheduling) without notice and without liability. Accordingly, matches cannot be guaranteed to take place on a particular day at any particular time.
The location of your Season Ticket cannot be guaranteed. The Club reserves the right to move you from your designated seat to an alternative seat of the same value without prior notice. Where a Seat Guarantee has been purchased, we will ensure that you are allocated your Season Ticket Seat where it is available however there may be occasions outwith the Club's control which require the Club to move your seat (for example for health and safety reasons) and no discount or refund will be given in those circumstances.
Season Tickets are non-refundable after they have been purchased regardless of how many matches have been played in a season. No discount or refund will be offered for any matches that have taken place which you missed, or that you could not attend, under any circumstances.
No refund for a Season Ticket will be made if any match is postponed or abandoned and played upon a future date, or for any adverse weather conditions. However, admission to the rearranged match will be included in your Season Ticket.
Season Tickets may not be re-sold by you or any third party, used as a competition or lottery prize, or used for any commercial purpose without the Club's prior written consent. Any Season Tickets used for these purposes shall be void.
Should you be unable to attend a match, the Club encourages you to advise the Ticket Office in advance to allow your seat to be resold by the Club. The original value of any ticket returned to the Club for this purpose will be deemed to be a cancellation charge for the ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, no refund will be due or paid to you by the Club.
Your Season Ticket entitles you to access to the Stadium for the duration of the relevant match, and to the minimum number of matches specified in the Season Ticket Information. Admission cannot be guaranteed if you arrive at the Stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised kick-off time.
On entering the Stadium, you must make available your Season Ticket for inspection for the duration of the match and you unconditionally agree to present your Season Ticket upon request by a Club Official, representative from the stewarding agency or Police Scotland.
Individuals found incorrectly using any Season Ticket type who do not meet the criteria for that Season Ticket (for example concessions) will be removed from the Stadium without refund.
The failure, or delay, by the Club to exercise a right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy.
These Terms and the contract are governed by Scots law. Any dispute relating to them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
The Club is a data controller in respect of personal data submitted by you. We will hold and process personal data for legal and administrative purposes and we will use the contact information you provide us with for marketing purposes unless you have told us you do not wish to receive marketing materials. Further information about how we handle your personal data is set out in our Fair Processing Notice (click here to access).