- Chef de Partie
- Recruitment Evening
Chef de Partie
Position: Chef de Partie
Department: Catering & Hospitality Department
Report to: Head Chef
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience, attractive staff benefits
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week) which includes evening and weekends depending on the business requirements
Locations: Tynecastle Park Stadium, Myreside Pavilion & Turnhouse Golf Club
Start date: As soon as possible
Heart of Midlothian is a Scottish Premiership Football Club and an Edinburgh institution with a proud heritage dating back to 1874. The Club is currently undergoing a remarkable transformation within a redeveloped stadium hosting new conference and events facilities and it is more than just a Football Club. The stadium currently accommodates over 1,200 hospitality guests across a range of modern suites with additional new and exciting facilities still to come.
The Club’s award-winning in-house Hospitality and catering department, is expanding to meet an unprecedented growth in both match day hospitality and in Conference and Events, which has achieved success in building new operations in both Myreside Pavilion and at Turnhouse Golf Club. The transformation of facilities at Heart of Midlothian Football Club has changed the landscape of conference and events in Edinburgh and has put Tynecastle Park Stadium firmly on the map as the venue of choice for major conferences, exhibitions and formal dinners as well as private events, weddings, Christmas parties and large and smaller family occasions.
This has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Chef de Partie to work across multiple sites. You will assist in the general day to day running of the Kitchen at Tynecastle Park Stadium in a high-volume catering department as well as the other multi-sites as per the needs of the business to produce excellent quality of food.
- work directly for the Head of Chef under his supervision or the Sous Chef’s supervision in the general day to day running of the kitchen operations across multiple sites.
- work closely with the senior chefs to produce a high standard of food in a large catering operation on match-days and conferences and events.
- adhere to food hygiene regulations and HACCP compliance at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- have a minimum of 3 years commis chef and 1-year chef de partie experience within a high-volume catering operation.
- ideally the successful candidate will possess the relevant Elementary Food Hygiene qualification and experience of working a HACCP system.
- be passionate about food and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellent customer service through your food.
- be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- be mobile to work across 3 sites in Edinburgh.
- above all, demonstrate a strong team work ethic with a can-do attitude, proven professionalism and excellent timekeeping.
How to apply: If you think that you are suitable for the position and meet the criteria above, please either request an application form or send a CV to Janine Brown, HR Manager at email@example.com
Closing Date: Close of play – 19 November 2018
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of vulnerable groups.
Heart of Midlothian is a Living Wage accredited company.
Are you looking for a job in hospitality and events? Heart of Midlothian Football Club is looking to recruit staff to support additional hospitality and event facilities available in the Main Stand. We will be hosting a recruitment evening on Tuesday, November 20th and would like to open the invite to enthusiastic individuals with a can-do attitude who would be interested in working on a casual basis for the club as well as some full-time positions.
You will have the chance to talk to some of our Managers and experienced staff and find out more about the various opportunities available to you.
- Date: Tuesday 20th November 2018
- Venue: Gorgie Suite, Tynecastle Park, Edinburgh, EH11 2NL, Access via McLeod Street.
- Time: 6pm – 8pm
Current match day and Conference and Event roles available:
- Weekend Chefs of all levels
- Casual Bar and Waiting Staff (must be 18+ due to alcohol requirements)
- Full-time Hospitality Bar and Waiting Staff (must be 18+ due to alcohol requirements)
- Match- day Kiosk staff (match-days/evenings only)
- Kitchen/Event Porters (30 hours + per week)
We are looking for individuals who are friendly, enthusiastic, professional and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Experience is not essential as training can be provided. You must also be available to work first team home matches as a minimum, which includes some evening games. We are also looking for individuals who can work day and evening shifts during the week for conference and events and suite set-ups.
Please register your interest by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are interested in. Alternatively, please request an application form to be sent to you in advance of the recruitment evening or you can complete on the night.
Heart of Midlothian PLC is an equal opportunities employer.
We aim to ensure that no job applicant, employee, or worker is discriminated against on the grounds of a 'protected characteristics'.
The following are protected characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Children's well-being recruitment checks
Heart of Midlothian PLC is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo Disclosure Scotland PVG screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks and self-declaration forms.
Recruitment Fair Processing Notice
To view Heart of Midlothian Football Club's Recruitment Fair Processing Notice, please click here.