The club is currently advertising for the following position(s):
- Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Position: Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Location: Hearts Football Academy (Oriam, Scotland's National Sports Performance Centre)
Hours: Part-time (evening/some weekend work). To be discussed at interview
Estimated Start Date: December 3rd, 2019
Reporting to: Academy Manager & Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is a Premiership Scottish Football Club with an Elite Academy status. An excellent opportunity has arisen at the Club to recruit a Lead Academy Physiotherapist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of weekly evening clinics and matches, working across all academy players (U11–U18). This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified chartered HCPC physiotherapist to work in our Elite Football Academy and be involved in the development of talented youth players. The successful candidate will also be part of the innovative Project Brave journey which will produce talented academy employees in Scotland to work with our talented young players.
Purpose of Job:
- Management of the Weekly Evening Clinics available for all U11 – U18 Academy Players
- Organise the Weekly Academy Match-Day Physio Rota
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all Academy players
- Weekly feedback to coaching staff regarding management of injuries and treatment plans in place
- Liaison with Football Science team regarding rehabilitation of injured player’s return to play
- Medical screening at U11 – U18 in conjunction with the Football Science department
- Evidence based interventions and prevention strategies for the development of physical qualities
- Injury recording and auditing using the Academy Online System
- Ensure all Match-day Medical Bags are detailed and available for use
- Ensure all Academy medical staff adhere to club policy and code of conducts and devise a relevant CPD programme annually based on an assessment of staff needs
- Devise an education programme for Academy staff, players and parents
- Ensure the Academy medical department meet the required Scottish FA Club Academy Scotland Criteria
- Any other related duties that may be required by the Academy Manager
Knowledge and skills
- Good communication and personal relationship skills are essential
- Knowledge and competency within IT is essential
- Minimum upper second class undergraduate degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC registered practitioner
- Member of the CSP
- Previous experience working in sport
- Postgraduate MSc in relevant discipline
- Previous experience working with youth athletes (ideally footballers)
- Over 2 years qualified work experience in relevant areas.
All aspects of the role are bound by professional confidentiality. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst representing the club. Membership of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme will be required.
How to apply: If you think that you meet the criteria and would like to apply please send a covering letter and CV to the recruitment team, email@example.com. A full job description is available on request
Closing Date: Close of play – 30/10/2019
Heart of Midlothian PLC is an equal opportunities employer.
We aim to ensure that no job applicant, employee, or worker is discriminated against on the grounds of a 'protected characteristics'.
The following are protected characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Children's well-being recruitment checks
Heart of Midlothian PLC is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo Disclosure Scotland PVG screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks and self-declaration forms.
Recruitment Fair Processing Notice
To view Heart of Midlothian Football Club's Recruitment Fair Processing Notice, please click here.