First Team

Loan Watch

10th December 2018

There was one goal between the six loan players in action over the weekend, with Lewis Moore getting on the scoresheet at Station Park. Read how they all got on and watch the highlights below!

Lewis can do no Moore as Forfar beaten by Linn-sane free-kick
Lewis Moore’s second-half goal wasn’t enough to help the Loons as they lost to Arbroath in a fiery Angus Derby at Station Park, that was ultimately won by Bobby Linn's hat-trick.

The winger started well, firing in a couple of dangerous low crosses with the game in it's infancy. 
But it was veteran striker Linn who opened the scoring for the Red Lichties, and the away side went into the break with a 1-0 lead.

Lewis then scored the equaliser for Forfar, finishing well after he was played in behind the full-back. However, Linn struck again on the hour mark for Arbroath, before John Baird restored parity once more.

Forfar had the ball in the net for what would have been a winner but it was chalked off. Moore again found room on the right behind the defender and squared for Gavin Swankie who tapped in - but Moore was adjudged to have been offside.
Michael Travis was then sent off as he saw his second yellow and Arbroath took advantage through Linn again, as he drove home the resulting free-kick from 30 yards. It wasn't long before Arbroath were also down to ten men, when Thomas O’Brien got his marching orders.

Hendo helps Montrose to close win over Raith Rovers
Euan Henderson played 92 minutes in the Gable Endies 3-2 victory over second-placed Raith at Links Park.
Former Wolves winger Daniel Armstrong got the Rovers ahead after only three minutes before Martin Rennie equalised with a superb free-kick.
Craig Johnston put Montrose ahead after half-time, only for Kevin Nisbet – top scorer in the league – got Raith right back in it.
Henderson then showed his marker a clean pair of heels with only ten minutes to go before squaring it perfectly to Ross Campbell who tapped in to put the home side back in front, and Montrose were able to hold on for the big win.

Andy and Dario clash as Bairns swat at Wasps
Both Andy Irving and Dario Zanatta started at The Falkirk Stadium as Falkirk and Alloa drew 2-2 on Saturday.

The two young men both had chances in the first-half, with Irving showing good control in the box before his right-footed shot was saved by Alloa keeper Neil Parry.
Andy’s Falkirk side went 2-0 up through goals from Demetrius Petravicius and Paul Paton, before Alan Trouten pulled one back before half-time.

Zanatta almost got the equaliser as he again turned his man to surge into the box, but Leo Fasan was equal to it. He went close again moments later, finding space in the box and firing a low shot that cannoned back off the post.
Trouten wasn't finished scoring though, and the number 10 got the equaliser after 77 minutes with a cheeky backheel. Andy was then replaced by Dennon Lewis with eight minutes to go.

Keena can’t helps Pars in Jags defeat
Aidan Keena couldn’t find a goal to help his Dunfermline teammates as the Pars were beaten 2-0 by Gary Caldwell’s Partick Thistle.
It was the first time Aidan has managed a full 90 minutes this season as he comes back from injury.
Blair Spittal got the scoring underway at Firhill with a thundering drive before Miles Storey added another after half-time.
Malaury Martin was on the bench for the Pars but did not see any action.

Saints roared down by Livi Lions
Ryan Edwards couldn’t help his St Mirren teammates as they lost 3-1 to Livingston at the Almondvale on Saturday.
The Aussie midfielder played the full 90 minutes and saw his side go into the break 1-0 up through an Alfie Jones goal.
But the Lions roared back in the second half with goals from Scott Pittman, Ryan Hardie and Craig Sibbald.
Bobby Burns was on the bench for Gary Holt’s men but didn’t enter the play.