Heart of Midlothian Football Club has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to be an integral part of the future growth of Heart of Midlothian Women’s First Team.
Currently playing in the Scottish Women’s Football League 1, Heart of Midlothian FC are looking for a new First Team Women’s Manager. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to work within a vibrant club that integrated the Women’s and Girls Academy into Football Club in early 2019 and provides the opportunity for growth individually as well as the Team and the Girls Academy.
Joseph Savage, Sporting Director, said: "As previously mentioned this vacancy has arisen due to Andy Kirk’s move to Brechin and we wish him well in his new role.
“This now creates a fantastic opportunity for somebody else to step in who feels that they can continue the momentum created and move the team forward.
“This individual will require a drive and energy to motivate the Women to play to the best of their ability whilst creating a philosophy to be implemented throughout the Girls Academy.
"We are looking for someone to develop both the Women First Team and help to continue building the foundations for the future of the women’s game.”
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a successful Hearts Women’s Team working within the confines of a competitive player budget along with overseeing the U19 Girls Academy team developing a pathway for young girls into first team football. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced coach to contribute to the success of the Hearts Women’s Team. The successful candidate will assist the Academy Manager to develop a culture and philosophy aligned to the ethos of the Football Department in delivering the club’s vision for a world-class Football Academy.
- Being directly responsible for the Hearts Women First team in the supervision and control of the team including team selection, competitive and friendly matches and weekly training.
- Deliver high quality training sessions to develop both the players and the team.
- Organise a weekly program including on pitch, gym, sport science and video analysis sessions.
- Responsible for overseeing the U19’s age group and providing support to the Under 19 Coach.
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment and retention of players of the standard to compete in the Hearts Women First Team
- Recruit, manage and retain a progressive staff to support the delivery of the Hearts Women First Team, including assistant coach, goalkeeper coach, physio and video analysis
- Ensure the Hearts Women Team and Club is represented well in all media communications, attending press interviews as and when required by the Club
- Ensure the connection between the Womens First Team and the Academy at all age levels
- Support the development of football coaches within the Academy by delivering workshops and CPD sessions throughout the Season if and when required by the Academy Manager
- Ensure the Hearts Women programme is managed within the allocated budget and liaise regularly with the Academy Manager
- Ensure the club is compliant with all SWPL criteria for Hearts Women
- Ensure the club is compliant with all SWF governance criteria for Hearts Women
Requirements for the Role:
- UEFA Pro Licence (preferable)
- UEFA A Licence (Essential)
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive coaching experience at elite level in football
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Knowledge and competency within IT and administration is essential
- Right to work in the UK
How to apply: If you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send a Covering letter and CV to Karen MacKenzie, HR Advisor - email@example.com by close of play on 1 July 2021. We anticipate that interviews will take place within a week of the closing date and could be conducted via video conference call in the first instance.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDITED COMPANY.