Position: Chef de Partie
Department: Catering & Hospitality Department
Report to: Head Chef
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience, attractive staff benefits
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week) which includes evening and weekends depending on the business requirements
Locations: Tynecastle Park Stadium, Myreside Pavilion & Turnhouse Golf Club
Start date: As soon as possible
Heart of Midlothian is a Scottish Premiership Football Club and an Edinburgh institution with a proud heritage dating back to 1874. The Club is currently undergoing a remarkable transformation within a redeveloped stadium hosting new conference and events facilities and it is more than just a Football Club. The stadium currently accommodates over 1,200 hospitality guests across a range of modern suites with additional new and exciting facilities still to come.
The Club’s award-winning in-house Hospitality and catering department, is expanding to meet an unprecedented growth in both match day hospitality and in Conference and Events, which has achieved success in building new operations in both Myreside Pavilion and at Turnhouse Golf Club. The transformation of facilities at Heart of Midlothian Football Club has changed the landscape of conference and events in Edinburgh and has put Tynecastle Park Stadium firmly on the map as the venue of choice for major conferences, exhibitions and formal dinners as well as private events, weddings, Christmas parties and smaller family occasions.
This has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Chef de Partie to work across multiple sites. You will assist in the general day to day running of the Kitchen at Tynecastle Park Stadium in a high-volume catering department as well as the other multi-sites as per the needs of the business to produce excellent quality of food.
- work directly for the Head of Chef under his supervision or the Sous Chef’s supervision in the general day to day running of the kitchen operations across multiple sites.
- work closely with the senior chefs to produce a high standard of food in a large catering operation on match-days and conferences and events.
- adhere to food hygiene regulations and HACCP compliance at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- offer a proven track record of running a similar fast-paced, high volume operation.
- have a minimum of 3 years commis chef and 1-year chef de partie experience within a high-volume catering operation.
- ideally the successful candidate will possess the relevant Elementary Food Hygiene qualification and experience of working a HACCP system.
- be passionate about food and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellent customer service through your food.
- be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- be mobile to work across 3 sites in Edinburgh.
- above all, demonstrate a strong team work ethic with a can-do attitude, proven professionalism and excellent timekeeping.
How to apply: If you think that you are suitable for the position and meet the criteria above, please either request an application form or send a CV to Janine Brown, HR Manager at email@example.com
Closing Date: Close of play – Monday, November 19th 2018
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of vulnerable groups.
Heart of Midlothian is a Living Wage accredited company.