First Team

Loan Watch

7th January 2019

Regular service has resumed to Loan Watch and it was a battle of the loan stars this week as Aidan Keena and Dario Zanatta faced each other when Dunfermline took on Alloa at East End Park. 

Keena and Zanatta star in thrilling Championship battle
Aidan Keena opened the scoring as Dunfermline threw away a 2-0 lead against Alloa to draw 2-2. It took the Irishman 18 minutes to get on the scoresheet, turning his man brilliantly before firing a powerful shot into the corner from 20 yards.
The Pars went further ahead just ten minutes later when Alloa’s Iain Flannigan turned into his own net after Keena was played through and smacked a fierce shot at goal. Alloa 'keeper Neil Parry saved but palmed it straight towards Flannigan for it to rebound straight into the net.
However, Alloa hit back straight after half-time when Alan Trouten scored four minutes after the break. Dario Zanatta burst clear on the left and only had to square to Trouten who tucked home.
Both teams then threatened with Keena drifting his way past defenders at times but there was no end product to the Dunfermline attacks and Alloa punished them in the 92nd minute. It was Trouten again, scoring his and Alloa’s second of the game, after he fired a low shot past Lee Robinson meaning the Wasps would return to Clackmannanshire with a vital point.


Henderson helps Montrose push towards play-offs

Euan Henderson was a second-half substitute as Montrose beat Stranraer to edge two points off a play-off place. The Gable Endies currently sit in sixth but are just behind fourth-placed Forfar.

Two first-half penalties from Martin Rennie put the away side into a commanding position but the Blues got one back when on-loan Killie stiker Innes Cameron scored just before the hour mark, proding the ball around Allan Fleming in the Montrose goal to tap home.

Henderson was introduced to the action five minutes later and helped Stewart Petrie's side ensure victory, as well as making sure they would return on their 394-mile round trip with all three points.


Currie starts as Airdrie end East Fife's run

Rory Currie played the full 90 minutes on Saturday but could not help as the Fifers lost to Airdrie at New Bayview.

Kyle Wilkie scored against his former club to get the Diamonds ahead, only for Anton Dowds to level for the hosts two minutes later.

Former Dundee striker Leighton McIntosh got a goal just before half-time to put Airdrieonians ahead and Darren Young's side could not find an equaliser, bringing to an end their four-game unbeaten run.