|Position||Head of Retail|
|Report to||Head of Commercial Dept|
|Salary||Competitive salary reflecting the seniority of the role|
|Start Date||Immediate start|
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is a major commercial success in Scottish football. Having significantly grown revenues over the past 3 years and with the team playing to full houses on a regular basis, the Club is the envy of many in the sector.
The Club is currently in the process of transforming its retail operation. Having brought the retail operation back in house in 2016, we have recently introduced a new online platform which is designed to drive further innovation into retail offerings, expand our customer base and deliver significant operational efficiencies.
The transformation continues with the recruitment of new suppliers, extensive consultation with supporters and the advent of an exciting new clubstore in the magnificent new stand currently under construction.
The Club is now looking to recruit the right individual at a senior level who will be responsible for overseeing the completion of transformation, setting strategy and driving and managing an effective retail operation both online and in store.
This is an exceptional opportunity at an exciting point in the club’s development. Candidates should have a passion for retail, experience in managing both procurement and sales operations and ideally, offer a strong understanding of the key drivers in sports retail.
- Strategic development and management of the club’s entire retail operation to meet revenue and profit targets
- Sourcing and selling quality products at targeted margins across a range of channels with motivated and effective sales/operational team
- Identification and building of relationships with strategic suppliers
- Development and management of efficient stock storage, control and management processes
Strategy and planning
- Agreeing and setting retail budgets for instore and online sales and required levels of procurement to meet target profitability
- Development and management of strategic retail calendar with impactful seasonal campaigns and optimised product ranges for key football (e.g. new kit launch) and non-football (e.g. back to school, Christmas etc.) driven events
- Strategic development of new online platform to expand client base and drive further innovation into commercial offerings
- Further development of supplier base to respond to supporters’ expectations and further enhance quality and profitability
- Building, managing and driving the sales team to meet commercial targets and expected levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Ensuring a high level of customer service, an attractive “shop window” to the club
- Developing a culture and ethos of upselling and cross selling
- Setting and managing team and individual KPIs
- Optimising staffing ratios across retail operation.
Procurement and Supplier Liaison
- Identifying and evaluating new suppliers and building strong relationships
- Optimising value for money through rigorous tendering processes and strong negotiation
- Ensuring delivery timescales and quality standards are met
- Managing and monitoring initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction both online and instore
- Ensuring that stock is received checked and accounted for before being received to stock.
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels to ensure continual availability of key lines and timely delivery to meet key seasonal campaigns
- Undertaking regular schedule of stocktakes and the investigation and resolution of any discrepancies
- Optimising stock ordering to optimise cashflow
Merchandising and display
- Plan and deliver optimised point of sale in new clubstore
Financial management and reporting
- Undertake analysis of sales to provide regular weekly and monthly reporting demonstrating progress against revenue and profit targets
Qualification and experience
- Minimum of 6 years retail experience, of which at least 3 years at retail management level ideally in the football or sports sector
- Proven track record in developing both online and instore sales strategies
- First class verbal and written communication and ability to engage with supporters
- Excellent commercial and financial acumen
- Proven people management and motivational skills
- A strong team player
How to apply: If you think that you are suitable for the position and meet the criteria above, please send a CV and Covering letter to email@example.com or for more information please contact Janine Brown, HR Manager on 0131 200 7233.
Closing Date: Close of play – 19th June 2017