Over the bank holiday weekend, 30 Hearts Supporters will take part in the Edinburgh Marathon Festival to support Big Hearts Community Trust, the Club's official charity partner.
The team of runners come from a wide range of backgrounds – including Big Hearts Volunteers, Staff Members and Hearts Fans from America – and expect to raise over £7,000 to back Big Hearts’ Emergency Essentials Fund. The fund is designed to improve the lives of the most vulnerable Kinship Care families living in Edinburgh.
Created by Big Hearts last year, the fund helps Kinship Carers who struggle to purchase essential household items such as washing machines, fridges or children’s beds. To date, 66 families, including 112 children, have benefited from £29,000 worth of crisis grants delivered by Big Hearts' partner, Buttle UK.
The Club would like to wish the best of luck to each of the 30 Supporters running under the Club and Charity badges on 26/27 May. Their outstanding efforts will make a significant difference to many kinship young people and their carers within our community.
How to support the team over the weekend:
We welcome any words of encouragement or donations via:
– Online Fundraising Page on JustGiving.
– JustTextGiving service: text HHGH18 £5 or HHGH18 £10 to 70070 to donate in aid of Big Hearts.
We also invite friends & family to cheer on the runners:
– 10K on Saturday: meeting at 8:30am in front of Dynamic Earth (EH8 8AS).
– Half-Marathon on Sunday: meeting at 7:30am in front of McEwan Hall (EH8 9AG).
– Full Marathon on Sunday: meeting at 9:30am in front of McEwan Hall (EH8 9AG).