Hearts Reserves 2-3 Dundee Reserves

28th August 2018

Hearts Reserves fell to a 3-2 defeat against Dundee Reserves this afternoon.

Oliver Bozanic’s stunning free kick had the Jambos leading at the break, but three second-half Dunee goals put the visitors in the driving seat before Lewis Moore pulled one back late on.

Andy Kirk’s side started brightly, with Connor Smith a constant threat down the left. His ball across the face of goal in the third minute found Rory Currie, but his shot was blocked.

The Jambos won a free kick at the edge of the box in the 8th minute and Bozanic stepped up to curl a wonderful effort around the wall and into the back of the net to give Hearts the lead.

Arnaud Djoum stepped up his return from injury by displaying some fine skill to run into the Dundee box before pulling back for Anthony McDonald, but his shot was blocked on the line.

Moments later, Elliott parish pulled off a good double save, denying Danny Baur’s low drive before blocking Currie’s follow up.

Djoum then worked the Dundee keeper again, forcing him into a save from a long-range effort.

The visitors then passed up a couple of glorious chances to get back on level terms. Cammy Kerr’s looping cross from Matty Henvey at the back door, but with the goal at his mercy he could only head wide.

Alex Petkov then failed to deal with a long punt forward and Scott tried to chip Kelby Mason from outside the box, but the ball fell wide of the target.

Dundee equalised two minutes into the restart from the penalty spot with Scott converting from eight-yards after Kerr was fouled in the area.

Henvy then passed up an opportunity to put Dundee’s noses in front, instead blasting over with the goal gaping.

McDonald set up a brace of chances, with Djoum’s effort blocked on the counter attack before Currie could only find the side netting.

Hearts were reduced to ten men after 64 minutes when Petkov brought Henvey down after he got behind the defence, and the visitors capatalised eight minutes later through Scott’s header.

With a minute remaining it was 3-1. Henvey chased down a back pass and Mason’s clearance rebounded off the Dundee player and into the empty net.

The Jambos pulled one back in stoppage time when Moore bent one in from outside the area, but there wasn’t enough time on the clock to find the equaliser.