DPS Group, proud partner of Community Football at Hearts, is to offer five pairs of free places to the club’s February half-term holiday courses in a unique project.
As part of DPS Group’s commitment to supporting the communities it serves, these places will be available to families whose children would benefit from the opportunity. This will be as a result of difficulties they are having. The places are provided via the DPS Local Heroes programme.
The participation of these children will not be revealed and their privacy protected, unless families choose to do so themselves.
The type of applications may be for:
- Children who have had a long term period of illness and are now recovering
- Families who have suffered a bereavement in the last three months, causing distress to a child
- Children for whom they or other family members (such as siblings) are going through a very difficult time, through current circumstances
- Families who have had a very recent and significant loss in earnings in the last three months which would prevent the ability to pay for holiday courses
Taking place on the community pitch at Tynecastle, the week long programme of fun takes place from 15th-19th February inclusive, and is for children aged 4-12 years, running each day from 10.30am until 12.30pm.
How to apply?
To apply parents or legal carers should provide the following information:
- Name of child
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Background on why the child should receive the free places (max 100 words)
- Daytime contact number
- Medical information
These details should be sent via email to email@example.com before Friday 22nd January at 5pm.
In launching this opportunity DPS Group & Hearts advise applicants:
- All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be handled by DPS Group
- Applications must be made by a legal parent or carer, and not on behalf of any other children
- In nominating their child, to ensure they would want to participate in football activity with other children - and would be able to do so
- The five pairs of tickets will allow the nominated child to bring a friend or sibling with them for the duration of the course
- Neither DPS Group or Hearts can enter into dialogue about applications – however all applications will receive written acknowledgement