||Youth Scout - West Lothian area
||Competitive, Staff benefits
||Part-time (3 matches per week) during the football season, evenings & weekends
||Academy Head of Player Recruitment
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Heart of Midlothian Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Youth Scout in the West Lothian area to identify players between the ages of 8-10 years old to join our Elite Academy.
- Cover youth matches for the Club as directed (Club Academy Scotland, Development Centres, Boys Clubs and any others as requested);
- Follow all specific scouting criteria and protocols implemented by the Club;
- Liaise with Academy Head of Player Recruitment regarding player requirements;
- Assess player performance and development;
- Ensure adequate records are kept in relation to matches and promptly communicated in a match report to the Club in an agreed format;
- Assist in providing feedback to parents of players who attend the Club on trial. This must be a documented assessment;
- Be familiar with the player/parent code of conduct, scouting code of conduct, Children and Well-Being Policy and any other documents that may be introduced by the club from time to time;
- Maintain all kit and technical equipment in good order.
- Identification badges and professionalism must be maintained at all youth matches covered.
Qualifications and experience: Ideal candidate will be 18 and over, previous scouting experience or coach education experience is essential, must be flexible to work at weekends and evenings when matches are scheduled within the West Lothian area. Ideal candidate will be able to spot raw talent, have an eye for technical ability and have knowledge of the football teams within the local area. A PVG Disclosure Record is essential and this can be applied for by the Club. A driving licence and computer literate is also an advantage.
How to apply: If you think that you meet the criteria or the position please send a Covering letter and CV to email@example.com or call Janine Brown, HR Manager on 0131 200 7233.
Closing Date: Close of play – 24 February 2017.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDIATED COMPANY.