UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT AT TYNECASTLE STADIUM AND AWAY FOOTBALL GROUNDS
Heart of Midlothian FC is a family club open to all and we make every effort to make everyone feel welcome when they come to Tynecastle.
The club will not tolerate unacceptable conduct at Tynecastle Stadium or at away football stadiums.
Unacceptable Conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly violent conducts includes actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property
Disorderly conduct includes conduct which stirs up or sustains or is likely to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
- Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived affiliations
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity
- Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct
- Displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting
Any person engaging in unacceptable conduct may be subject to any or a combination of the following:
- Removal from the stadium
- Suspension from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
- Indefinite ban from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
- Indefinite ban from Tynecastle Stadium
- Report to Police Scotland and possible criminal proceedings
The club continues to work closely with Police Scotland effectively using the Protocol agreement between the parties to detect and take action against those who may breach the club’s Policy and the new Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill.
In addition the club has been working with Police Scotland to discourage individuals bringing pyrotechnics into stadiums. Where individuals have been detected with pyrotechnics the club has taken swift action against individuals. These breaches of the Policy have been dealt with strictly and indefinite bans imposed.
The club continues to raise awareness through its media channels and forums to supporters that actions of unacceptable conduct will not be tolerated. These messages are enforced in pre-match messages over the stadium PA system.
At away matches the host club’s message warns supporters of the Policy and asks that all supporters act responsibly.
The club continues to work closely with our supporters groups to maintain a good relationship with the intentions to add atmosphere to the stadium and support for the team.