Logie Green - 18961874: The Heart of Midlothian Football Club first played in the East Meadows, but the club quickly required a private pitch and started to use the Edinburgh Association Ground at Powburn, off West Savile Road, and then Powderhall Grounds.

1881: Hearts leased a new facility in the industrial suburb of Dalry. However, the first Tynecastle was not the present ground, but a field on a site that is now Wardlaw Street and Wardlaw Place.

1886: The club secured the tenancy of part of a vast meadow that Edinburgh Corporation was letting for housing and industry. £200 was spent to lay out Tynecastle Park which remains one of the oldest grounds in Britain and one of its greatest sporting venues.

1886: The new ground had two pitches running in an East-West direction with the spectators gathering behind a stout rope. An open, wooden trestle stand, holding 250 fans, ran alongside the South field backing on to Gorgie Road.

1886: Some 5,500 supporters attended the opening match against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday 10 April. On that special day, Hearts defeated the English professionals 4-1 and Tommy Jenkinson scored the first goal on the ground after only five minutes.

1886: Heart of Midlothian received its first home defeat from England's finest team, Preston North End, who won 4-1 on Thursday 6 May.

1887: Another record was established on 17 September when Hearts defeated Vale of Midlothian 18-0 in the East of Scotland Shield. This is the club's biggest home victory.

1888: During the summer the club extended the stadium's capacity to 10,000 after the two pitches were reduced to one large enclosure running in the now familiar North-South direction and surrounded by a smart cinder running track.

1888: Two open wooden stands were erected next to each other on the McLeod Street Side of the ground separated by an entrance tunnel and holding around 1,500 spectators. A new pavilion with modern comforts was built next to the South Stand.

1888: Entrance to all parts of the new park was through a lane opposite Newton Street where five pay boxes stood.

1890: The Scottish League started and Hearts first home game in the Championship came on Saturday 23 August against Celtic. Hearts lost 5-0 and Madden of Celtic recorded the first ever League goal at Tynecastle Park before 5,000 fans.

1890: Willie Taylor scored the club's first League goal at home when Hearts defeated Cowlairs FC by 4-0 on Saturday 13 September.

1891: Hearts won the Scottish Cup and from the proceeds of this success, the club erected a handsome new clubhouse incorporating committee rooms, a gymnasium and stripping facilities for the players.

1891: Hearts constructed Tynecastle's first press box, situated over the entrance tunnel between the two open stands.
The Scottish League started and Hearts first home game in the Championship came on Saturday 23 August against Celtic. Hearts lost 5-0 and Madden of Celtic recorded the first ever League goal at Tynecastle Park before 5,000 fans.

1890: Willie Taylor scored the club's first League goal at home when Hearts defeated Cowlairs FC by 4-0 on Saturday 13 September.

1891: Hearts won the Scottish Cup and from the proceeds of this success, the club erected a handsome new clubhouse incorporating committee rooms, a gymnasium and stripping facilities for the players.

1891: Hearts constructed Tynecastle's first press box, situated over the entrance tunnel between the two open stands.